Plastay Group is a group company consisting of 3 companies (Askim, Plastay, Tayplas) that continues its activities in the field of plasticizer, PVC Granule and Stabilizer production in the chemical industry. As Plastay Kimya Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş., we are among the largest companies in Turkey in terms of production capacity and market share in plasticizer production. Our production facility is located in Gebze Güzeller Organized Industrial Zone and production is carried out on an area of 15 thousand square meters. In the field of organic chemicals, we dominate the sector and shape the market with our annual production capacity of nearly 60 thousand tons and more than 160 employees. In our production facilities, where the most advanced technologies are used, R&D activities continue continuously and in addition to Plasticizer production, PVC Granules and PVC Stabilizers are also produced.
What is Plasticizer? Where is it used?
DOP (Dioktil Ftalat)Dioctyl Phthalate (DOP) is a plasticizer used in the production of flexible polyvinyl chloride (PVC) plastic. Dioctyl Phthalate is one of the most widely used plasticizers in PVC due to its low cost. DOP is a general-purpose plasticizer and long-time industry standard, known for its good stability to heat and ultraviolet light and a wide range of compatibility for use with PVC resins.
AREAS OF USE
Major applications include hoses, plastic pipes and profiles, paints, varnishes, vinyl flooring, adhesives, shoe soles, car and furniture upholstery, blood bags, packaging, coatings for electrical wires and cables and food packaging.
- It is the most widely used phthalate in the world.
- Provides high efficiency in plasticizing.
- Provides the desired elasticity of the product.
- Provides electrical resistance.
- It has good stability against heat and ultraviolet light.
- It has low volatility values..
DOTP ( DİOCTYL TEREPHTHALATE ) - SUNFLEKSAREAS OF USE
It is a product used as a softener in PVC paste and dough mixtures. It is used in PVC floor coverings, PVC mats, tarpaulins, automotive sector, cable production, artificial leather and skin cloth production.
- DOTP is an ortho phthalate-free plasticizer whose use has been restricted or banned, especially in EU countries.
- Technically, it gives better results compared to equivalent products.
- It does not affect the chemical structure of PVC polymer. It helps it to gain some new properties mechanically and physically.
- It enables the products to reach the desired elasticity.
- Provides electrical resistance.
DOA ( DİOCTYL ADİPATE )DOA is a high quality plasticizer with low volatility and excellent mechanical resistance at high temperatures, as well as great flexibility in low temperature compounds. It is easy to mix, allows good processing and provides a good flow to the material, especially PVC and synthetic rubber compounds.
It is compatible with most polyvinyl chloride (PVC) formulations, synthetic polymers and copolymers, cellulosic esters, medium and high technical performance polar elastomers such as NBR, CR, CSM, CPE, Epichlorohydrins and Polyacrylics, mainly due to compatibility as these elastomers are very sensitive to the chemical composition of plasticizers and many other resins.
AREAS OF USE
It is used alone or in combination with other plasticizers as a softener in all PVC paste and dough mixtures. It is used in the production of phthalate-free materials such as toys, tablecloths, skin cloths, hoses, cables, PVC mats, artificial leather, tarpaulins. Thanks to its high efficiency and stability, low volatility, resistance to heat and ultraviolet light and low solubility in water, it is used in almost all conversion processes such as calendering, flattening, injection extrusion, rotational molding.
- It is a phthalate-free plasticizer.
- It makes the product flexible and resistant to breakage at low temperature values.
- When used alone or with different plasticizers, it increases the fluidity of polymers such as plastisol by providing low viscosity.
- Its low density provides a volumetric advantage.
- Strengthens electrical resistance.
- It does not disrupt the chemical structure of the polymer. Provides the desired physical and mechanical properties.
DINP ( DİİSONONYL PHTHALATE )AREAS OF USE
DINP is a cost-effective, high molecular weight plasticizer suitable for general use. Its high compatibility with PVC and good permanence make it preferable to DOP. Compared to DOP, DINP has wider cold-temperature flexibility values, lower volatility and better durability in the final product.
It is used as a softener in all PVCs. It is a product frequently used in automotive, cable, artificial leather, PVC floor coverings, skin cloth and calendering systems.
- The low migration rate prolongs the service life of the plastic material.
- It is more advantageous than DOP due to its ability to obtain paste at low viscosity.
- It provides benefits in terms of volume due to its low density values.
- There is no restriction on its use in the Reach regulation.
- Does not cause chemical changes in the polymer. It provides the desired changes physically and mechanically.
- Ensures that the product is produced with the requested elasticity.
- Increases electrical resistance.
TOTM ( TRİOCTYL TRİMELLİTATE )AREAS OF USE
It is the ideal PVC Plasticizer for applications requiring low volatility. In this context, it is mostly used in interior automotive, cable and wire insulation. TOTM stands out with its low migration and extraction resistance properties.
- It does not contain ortho phthalate estates, the use of which is restricted or prohibited in the EU and some other countries.
- TOTM is resistant to degradation over a wide range of temperatures. It is preferred for its high boiling temperature point and good low temperature performance.
- It is a plasticizer resistant to external influences and chemical agents. It supports heat and light stabilizers and resists yellowing caused by light.
- It has high dielectric resistance. Due to this feature, it is used in applications such as cables where insulation is required.
- It gives great results for products expected to have high volatility resistance. It has a great advantage that it has good crack resistance at low temperatures, which is required in areas such as automotive and cable industry.
- TOTM does not cause any chemical change in the polymer.
- It is effective in fast and easy gelling of the polymer material.